Garrett's class took a trip to Sea World for a field trip yesterday and Nora and I joined in. We had a fun day with all the kids and got to visit with some of the other moms along the way.

I really enjoyed watching Garrett interact with his teachers and other students as well as his sister. Just two years ago, Garrett and I accompanied Ian on his kindergarten field trip to Sea World and I remember being so proud of them and how they behaved together.
It was nice to do it again with Nora this time and see some of the same interaction.
We loved seeing all the animals and some abbreviated shows. Nora was especially disappointed with the sea lion show, she wanted the funny detective one, but feeding the dolphins was fun.

By the time we got to the beluga demonstration both kids were falling apart but we learned that the beluga whale is the only whale with non-fused vertebrae in its neck so it can move its head independently from the rest of its body. Essentially a beluga can shake its head yes or no. Very interesting if you ask me and Garrett. That was the fact he wanted to share with Chris and Ian when we got home.
Garrett has lots more field trips coming up this year and so far kindergarten has been a great experience.
I really enjoyed watching Garrett interact with his teachers and other students as well as his sister. Just two years ago, Garrett and I accompanied Ian on his kindergarten field trip to Sea World and I remember being so proud of them and how they behaved together.
It was nice to do it again with Nora this time and see some of the same interaction.
We loved seeing all the animals and some abbreviated shows. Nora was especially disappointed with the sea lion show, she wanted the funny detective one, but feeding the dolphins was fun.
By the time we got to the beluga demonstration both kids were falling apart but we learned that the beluga whale is the only whale with non-fused vertebrae in its neck so it can move its head independently from the rest of its body. Essentially a beluga can shake its head yes or no. Very interesting if you ask me and Garrett. That was the fact he wanted to share with Chris and Ian when we got home.
Garrett has lots more field trips coming up this year and so far kindergarten has been a great experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment