Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Farewell Old Hospital



The old hospital is being torn down right now. The new hospital buildings have been up and running across the river for a few years now and this area is planned to be green space. Unfortunately, I didn't have the forsight to take a picture of the real 'before', but this will have to do.
Garrett and I walked on Water Street the other day and listened to the big crane arms reaching in and breaking windows and walls. One of the big buckets even came through a window and was poking out like an alien arm trying to grab something. Garrett was glued to the sidewalk.
I have heard the walkway over the road to the right from the parking garage is planned to stay even though it won't connect into a building. Apparently the cost, application process and chances of getting the permits to build a new one are so cumbersome that it will just stay. Maybe Kerrville will have its own bridge to nowhere for a while.
The after shot will probably be a few months in coming, but I am looking forward to the new Kerrville downtown.

No comments: