Starting the second week of July we hit our summer warp speed. I should have expected it, but there was so much unexpected in it that I don't think I could have.
Here is a quick recap for posterity.
The first week of July we noticed cracks in our kitchen walls and some gaps in our wood floors and started to be a little nervous so we upped our foundation watering schedule a little. Then I awoke two mornings in a row to the sound of water running in the kitchen. On the first morning, Chris was able to find and fix the leak with relative ease (my husband is amazing!). On the second morning and with much dismay, I awoke Chris again with the news that I heard water running. We were able to find the leak, however fixing it was not possible as it was located directly under the middle of our kitchen floor. So we lived for about 3-4 days with basically no water. Plumbers came and were able to work with other existing plumbing to restore water with relatively little effort - or at least not gaping holes in my floor.
With that fixed, the boys and I attended a week long Bible School in town and hosted my cousin Rachel out at the Ranch. Rachel came down to learn more about Broken Arrow and get some footage for a new film project she is starting entitled, "Firearm to Fork." Chris gave her the grand tour and we all enjoyed getting to know her a little better and hearing about this film effort to educate people on the who, what when, where, why and how of food. We are excited to see and hear more. Thanks for visiting Rachel!
Then we had the foundation guy out. Things weren't improving in the kitchen so we figured the gaping hole left by the 7 gal/min gusher under our foundation was still a problem. The short story is that one side of our kitchen has sunk 3/4" and is probably not done yet. We are on track to have that work done tomorrow so hopefully we will be back on level soon.
Also during this time I have been clean sweeping this house from top to bottom. I did a great job on that (if I do say so myself) and thought we might as well have a garage sale. So insert garage sale planning/prepping into all of this. The sale is in 2 days.
Plus did I mention during all of this time that I have three absolutely wonderful, but active, demanding, loud children and it has been over 100 degrees outside regularly? We have been going to playgroups and swimming, visiting with friends, birthday parties - you name it. I am loving all of the activities but wish there was a pause button sometimes so I could just take a nap.
That should just about bring me to now at 11pm when I finally got to blog.
Life is so fun!
2 comments:
Wow! :)
UGH!! Sorry about the kitchen - that is no fun! Looks like the rest of your summer has been a blast, though!
Post a Comment