Friday, July 24, 2009

Thirsty?


The garage sale was definitely a success. I was reminded why I don't do one every year, but for the effort in and the results out I feel very good about it. Guns and ammunition were the biggest requested items, but I had to tell everyone that we were keeping those for ourselves, even clinging to them some might say.
Ian was a hit on Saturday morning with his lemonade stand. He was all about the idea, but didn't get into asking people if they wanted to buy some and he really lost interest if there wasn't anyone to serve right away. He had a great time for about 15 minutes and probably feels pretty good for checking that off his kid to do list. He loved making the sign.

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

So cute. MY rule: always stop at a kids' stand. No matter what they are selling.

Lans-A-Lot said...

Sadie and Josie had one at our garage sale a few weeks ago and they would run up to strangers and say, "Excuse me, ma'am... would you like to buy some lemonade?" Of course, they made a fortune... almost $16 in one morning! That's a lot of lemonade at .25 each! They lost interest after a few hours, though, and started riding their bikes around and crashing into customers.