Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Soccer 2011




The boys are back in soccer this fall.

The U8 division went with real club team names this year so Ian is a member of Real Madrid. He has a great coach and some nice boys on his team. They are working together and have gotten some good passing games going. They are still a bit inconsistent but totally to be expected. Ian has had some really nice goals and even better some really nice passes and runs already this year.

Garrett has moved up from the Indians to the Chiefs. He seems to be having a more relaxed year than last. He is usually pretty happy to get out on the field and gets involved when he sees fit. He has a rockin' left foot that I soooo want to see him grow into. I hope he sees his own potential and doesn't give up!

This year has be a lot of fun to watch, or referee. That's right - I am back in a referee uniform after a 20 year hiatus for our AYSO club. It feels good to get back out on the soccer field and get more involved with AYSO even if I do have to wear a fluorescent green, large, polyester, men's referee jersey and pull my socks up to my knees in front of most, if not all, of my peer group in Kerrville - whatever.

No comments: