Well it has been way too long since I posted last, but with the start of school, start of soccer, painting in the boy's bedroom, meetings for AWANA, two very active boys and one engaging little girl, laundry, and filling the dishwasher I have been a bit preoccupied. I am loving it, but just haven't made or taken the time to blog. Normally I would blog after bedtime, but now I head directly there too or do one of the above activities. I have the time right now because I am sitting in a hotel in Yountville, CA a long way away from all the things above - except the engaging little girl. She is right here next to me smiling and kicking away. We are enjoying our annual trp to Cakebread Cellars for the American Harvest Workshop. We had a great 'farmer's market' yesterday even though the Fedex box with all of our print material is still sitting in Ft. Worth. Chris had the right attitude though - he was much happier standing there with a few rushed copies of last years brochure and meat on the sample plate than a whole bunch of pretty pictures and no product. He really took the whole situation in stride - after reaming out the Fedex customer service line. As always, everyone loved the antelope loin we sampled and we had lots of questions on the business and animals. Nora was a star in her little BAR t-shirt - it is a family business!
Chris and a wine professor from the CIA Hyde Park will talk this afternoon about wine and food pairings with antelope and different spices. Should be really interesting.
Right now though I am just enjoying a great hotel - with killer egg salad - a nice cool morning, the beautiful scenery and some quiet time with Nora. Boys are running around the ranch with Mike and Elizabeth and will spend a few days with my mom before we head back.
Wish I could attach some beautiful pictures for you, but that will have to wait. Check back!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wowzers! Good for you! I'm glad you are having a little get-away. Hope it's wonderful.
Sorry about the FedEx mess. Sounds like you both handled it like a champ. Hope you are having a good time away!
Post a Comment