Friday, April 20, 2012

Cowboy Day



Garrett's class had Cowboy Day today.  They started out by wearing their cowboy best and taking a tour of the Museum of Western Art here in town.  Then the class came out to the ranch for a picnic lunch of buffalo burgers, baked beans, chips and watermelon.  The kids looked great in their get ups and Garrett was a very good host.  Chris brought up the big grill from Diamond H so we were able to cook everything all at once.  
Nora was thrilled to take part and wore her "country dress" from Shelly and Aunt Brenna.  
Chris always looks cute in his Cowboy wear but I still feel a bit awkward sometimes in mine.

I have to say it is strange to dress up for Cowboy day around here because there are people who wear it everyday because they are as close as you get to the real thing today.  Let's just say I am no longer surprised when I pass someone wearing spurs in Wal-Mart.

(the bottom picture is one of the biggest motivators to get back on the blogger)

No comments: