
Chris and I took part in the Go Texan VIP party at the Rodeo last night. It was a really nice event with lots of businesses represented. Go Texan is a Texas Dept of Agriculture program to market and promote Texan agricultural products as well as the restaurants that use them. We are a good fit in that model and enjoy working with them. This event was part of the San Antonio Rodeo so I was awash in Texans wearing their rodeo finest; always an eye opener and sometimes a giggle to this northerner. We were asked to bring something other than sausage which is our usual fall back tradeshow fare. Chris answered that challenge with an awesome Carne Guisada con Nopalitos on tortillas (a Mexican tomato and pepper based meat stew with cactus) showcasing our stew meat cuts. We (I) served at least 320 people with many coming back for seconds or thirds. Everyone raved. I think we could have sold the Carne Guisada right there. Chris also made some good quail contacts and visited with other meat and sausage guys, always important. We had a fun time and thankfully the weather wasn't as predicted so we were able to get home without any trouble.
I really like doing these events and I always come home very proud of my husband. How he engages the public in promoting our business and especially how he conducts himself with other purveyors and business owners is admirable. I especially like it when he wears his hat.
1 comment:
Yeeehaw! I mean, sounds fun. And yummy!
Post a Comment