Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mini Mozart



Ian was sick over the weekend - medium grade, persistent fever and lethargy. Thankfully, nothing too concerning and he was definitely on the mend this morning. It was fun to have a day with him in the house alone (Nora & Garrett were at Children's Day Out). We spent some of the morning playing piano (Baa Baa Black Sheep, Imperial March, Indiana Jones theme, and Be Present At Our Table Lord) and then when I left to do dishes he decided to write some music. He just wrote the letters of the notes he played. I haven't transcripted them yet, but I will. I am actually not sure how on the first one, because it starts with the lowest A on the keyboard. He finished the morning with three compositions and couldn't have been prouder. I can't wait for him to perform them.

It reminded me of a Halloween past when Ian was 2! How fun is this costume and how crazy is that hair?






1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, that's just too, too cute! The composing, the outfit, the hair. All of it!

You're such a good mama.