Sunday, October 25, 2009

Six Years Old!













The birthday started out with chocolate chip pancakes and whipped cream on top and was followed shortly by a great party. We had an all boy party this year with parents dropping off! Not something we have done in the past, but it worked out well. We played party games in the backyard, had perfect weather and all the guests were good sports. They ate donuts hung on strings with their hands behind their backs. We wrapped everyone up in toilet paper. We put marshmallows in their mouths and had them say "fluffy bunny." We bobbed for apples, had a water balloon toss, and even did a sponge relay race complete with "forehead on the bat" spinning. Our fun finale was the mentos in the diet coke trick and boy was that a hit! We should have bought a lot more 3 liter bottles! After seeing that, I would definitely not recommend eating mint mentos while drinking a diet coke.





I totally struck out with the edible slime though. It is prepared lemon pudding with lime jello mix dissolved in - I was sure it would be a home run. Honestly, Ian was the only kid that liked it so I guess that is ok. Unfortunately, that made the cake pretty boring to look at but they didn't care. I will say though, the slime looked awesome and is a really cool consistency- guess it was just the wrong flavor profile for this crowd.


We have a daily thought/quote calendar in the house and I thought the quote today was a perfect match.

"We do make a difference in this world by the kind of persons we become and in the kind of service we render through the spirit and in the name of Jesus."

Just imagining the person Ian will become (Nora and Garrett as well) and the service he will do to make a difference in this world is exciting and challenging as a mother of a six year old! It is so amazing to see this person unfolding in front of me and the changes that I have seen in just these past few weeks of Kindergarten is astounding. I am torn between wanting to see more and wanting to cuddle. I hope I can continue to do both.

1 comment:

Little Apple said...

Looks like a fun party.