The Peanuts finished up the season on Saturday. This is Ian showing how many goals he scored from a few weeks ago. Yesterday he scored 8! The best was scoring from the kick-off. Yep the first second of the game he just ran up and kicked it all the way into the goal. They do play on short fields and because they only had 3 kids show up on either team they were playing 2 v. 2, but it was still funny. I wish I had the video, but I hadn't even gotten the camera out of my purse yet. We got to see all the kids on his team really grow on the field this spring. It is amazing at this age how you can actually see soccer click in a child's brain and all of a sudden they get it. They were watching butterflies one minute and the next they are running someone down on defense or tearing to the goal on offense. Ian is already looking forward to next season and of course so are we. Way to go Ian!Sunday, May 10, 2009
Peace, Love & Soccer
The Peanuts finished up the season on Saturday. This is Ian showing how many goals he scored from a few weeks ago. Yesterday he scored 8! The best was scoring from the kick-off. Yep the first second of the game he just ran up and kicked it all the way into the goal. They do play on short fields and because they only had 3 kids show up on either team they were playing 2 v. 2, but it was still funny. I wish I had the video, but I hadn't even gotten the camera out of my purse yet. We got to see all the kids on his team really grow on the field this spring. It is amazing at this age how you can actually see soccer click in a child's brain and all of a sudden they get it. They were watching butterflies one minute and the next they are running someone down on defense or tearing to the goal on offense. Ian is already looking forward to next season and of course so are we. Way to go Ian!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment