It seems impossible that we moved to Kerrville and this house only four years ago this weekend. We have been blessed with such a wonderful life here that for it to happen in such a short amount of time is truly amazing. We love our house (though Chris would tell you I want to change everything about it), we have great friends who encourage, support, help with kids, and welcome us into their families and we are so happy to do the same. I have to admit that I was very reluctant to leave Winston-Salem, NC. I can still get sad thinking about leaving. It was a really sweet time in our lives with the arrival of Ian and all of his firsts, plus a school schedule that often allowed for lots of family fun, new friends and only being a 7 hour drive from my parents was awesome! Not to mention the beauty of 4 seasons, mountains to our left, the beach to our right...really I could go on. Chris was sure of coming to Broken Arrow (and that unwritten rule about it being impossible to take a Texan out of Texas) so we came. I complained and cried, maybe even pouted - Chris could tell you. I took every opportunity to make this small town even smaller, but it didn't work. I have grown to love the beauty here and while I can still sigh when I think of the 45 minute, I-10 drive to Target, I am happy when I get back home. We have been blessed with two more children, more good friends than I thought possible, a father who loves what he does and provides so that I can stay home with kids, The Hughes family close by and so much more in such a short time. I will still complain that we aren't close enough to my parents, the heat in August, wearing shorts to a high school football game, and only getting one week of spring, but I am and will continue to be thankful for so much more.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If it makes you feel better, I have a half hour drive to Target through farm roads.... granted I'm only 6hours from Mom and Dad. So I guess it equals out.
We are sure glad you came. I share your initial sadness when arriving here too. I know my family's lives would be very different if we didn't know your sweet family. My boys would be so sad.
Wow, only four years. You look so at home here.
This is such a wonderful place to raise a family... though four seasons would be great!
Post a Comment