Friday, July 20, 2012

Ohio in July

 In Ohio we had a surprise visit from my Aunt Lauren.


 We headed out to an Akron Aero's minor league baseball game.  The boys had fun and the double fireworks show was totally worth it!  We even ran into my cousin Gina and her family.

 We went out for ice cream regularly.  Garrett found his love for Superman ice cream (a flavor I have yet to see outside of Ohio - though it may be), Ian usually went for the classic vanilla and Nora was all over the board.  Skye even tagged along sometimes.

 Swimming at Monroe Falls with Rebecca and Aunt Brenna.

 The kids and I even took a side trip to Pennsylvania after Bible Day Camp one day to visit my friend Regina.  She and her family had just moved there from Kerrville so we had the privilege of seeing them in their new house.  It is so charming and has a great barn and grounds.  I do hope they come back soon but I think they are looking forward to experiencing a real winter and I have a feeling they will.







We enjoyed a few days at Lake Erie.  We first played at a graduation party for my dad's cousin's daughter.  They have a house right on the lake and the kids couldn't stay out of the water.  Everyone ended up in their underwear.  Since that was such a hit we headed up to Mentor Headlands State Park the next afternoon after church and enjoyed some serious waves and found some beautiful beach glass.  Later in the week we added a trip to Fairport Harbor which was a nice beach as well.  Lots of boats were moored out and the swimming area was the perfect depth for kids. 

No comments: