Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Soccer 2011







The boys are off and running at soccer again this year.





Ian picked up right where he left off and is really working hard. He scored a goal the first game that made my soccer heart melt. He ran hard, pushed right up the middle and had one guy to beat. He was able to find that extra speed, slide and get his foot out at the right moment to make the goal. Afterwards he stood up, beaming, rubbing his thigh and said, "I got hurt and scored a goal all at the same time!" He wasn't really hurt and my heart was overwhelmed. He was beautiful while he was in motion and I remember exactly how it feels to get down that field and choose your timing so precisely. He has played strong and on target for the rest of the games and having a lot of fun.


Garrett was a bit slow to warm up, but last game I brought the movie camera and that may have made a difference. He was running hard and getting in the mix for the ball. He even scored for his first goal this season. Much credit goes to the assisting player, but being in the right place at the right time does count. I guess I will have to bring the video camera every game!

No comments: