We took off to Glen Rose, Texas for our spring break this year. It is the home of Dinosaur Valley State Park and Dinosaur World. Two places we thought we would get the most out of with a 7, e4 and 2 year old and we were right! It was a really fun trip with great weather during the days and only one really cold night. I had been hesitant to tent camp with our crew for a while, but still being encouraged by our cross country drive to Ohio and a mother's dream evening at Cracker Barrel that I didn't blog about, truly a night to remember, I figured we would give it a go.
Pulled in to town, dropped our gear at a tent site and first headed over to DVSP. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed walking along the river and wading in to see tracks that were just under the surface. New tracks are being uncovered continuously as the river bank erodes so next time there might be more. They postulate the tracks were formed by Acrocanthosaurus (three toed tracks) and Pleurocoelus (round five toed tracks). We just enjoyed being outside on a spring day.




Our camp site was a bit of a disappointment as the Oakdale RV Park was under serious renovation. I do want to go back though because I have high hopes for their efforts and we need to swim in "The Plunge." We made the most of the campsite and enjoyed the communal feeling of the tent area. Thankfully everyone had kids. If I confirmed one thing on this trip it is that Garrett is loud..... I always suspected.

Because of a burn ban there were no wood burning fires so s'mores cooked over a charcoal grill was as good as it got. No complaints from this crew.Dinosaur World was actually really nice. We enjoyed the walk through the dinosaur trail, playing on the playground and having our lunch. Even the trashcans were dino-themed and Nora was lured to touch each and every one! The kids loved the fossil hunt and the museum section was pretty amazing. Even the gift shop wasn't too crazy. Everyone picked out one toy and one special thing to take home. Nora picked a pink rock, Ian chose a blue agate and Garrett chose shark teeth.





No comments:
Post a Comment