Garrett is 5 today!
Chris and I have been heartened by some of the maturity we have witnessed over the past two months from Garrett. He certainly hasn't given up any crazy antics completely, but does them less and has started coming into his own a bit. His tolerance for swinging height has doubled, he will swing on the rope off the playset and he even rode his bike without training wheels across the yard.
He has tempered his random outbursts of noise and instead of scatting Nora's name he now sings it with big opera-like flare. She still doesn't appreciate it, but there is more potential with this new format.
He is still really funny and always in the situation even if you didn't think so. His prayers are all thanks for his family and a desire to be a train conductor someday. His lego creations are becoming more and more intricate but zoo animals with a train encircling still takes top playroom billing.
I love to watch him write and don't really want to correct some of his mistakes though I know I need to for future good habits. His pictures always have such a great story behind them the descriptions are more like a story.
We are blessed to have our sweet boy/little brother/big brother Garrett!
No comments:
Post a Comment