Sunday, October 3, 2010

Whirlwind Weeks


Wow - If I thought Chris and I were busy before, we kicked it into high gear the last two weeks of September! I volunteered us to host the HOA annual picnic since Chris was the outgoing President, we had built the new patio and because I knew if we had a deadline we would get it done...... and we did!
It took a lot of time to trim bushes, pick up rocks, break up and move old concrete slabs, pull out large bushes using tow ropes and the truck, put in new plants, and mow, not to mention a lot of muscle. It looks so good - I kept giving Chris the Wallace smile and happy hands (from Wallace and Grommet).
We decided after we were done our house had given off a "squatter family almost in foreclosure" vibe. Not really what we were going for. I am really pleased with our hard work and I think everyone enjoyed the picnic. The patio was perfect!
(Chris was checking out the tent after the picnic for the upcoming Elk hunt.)

I spotted this great spider while trimming the bushes outside our bedroom window. Isn't it beautiful with all the zebra stripes on its legs? I wasn't tall enough to get a close up. All of the spiders are gone now. Not sure why, but they just packed up and moved on. Must have gotten too loud and busy with all of our home improvements.

No comments: