While we were at the beach Garrett repeatedly asked when we could go to the "San Antonio Zoo?" He would go to the zoo everyday if he could. When we were trying to encourage the kids with the fact that we were in San Antonio and show them the long drive from the beach was almost over, Garrett immediately countered with "Yeah! Now we can go to the San Antonio Zoo!" For reasons not obvious to 3 year olds we could not stop at the zoo at that moment so I promised we would go soon and we did. He was really cute the entire day, holding his map and wearing his zoo hat. He showed me where to go and even told me what animals we were looking at. He struck up conversations with other little kids and made comments like "that tiger is a mammal; it has fur" or "snakes are not mammals; they lay eggs" and he insisted I lift Nora from the stroller if she couldn't see. It was a really nice day and he revelled in it just like I hoped he would. The zoo is still a major part of our daily conversations and comparing the San Antonio zoo to the Akron zoo to the "Zoo with the train that stopped at the fish place with Dave" aka Alberquerque zoo is critical. I am thinking Zoo Keeper for next Halloween.
Boy with his tiger!
Boy with his tiger!

Other than all the fun I had with Garrett and Nora, the best part of the zoo day was coming home to this!

1 comment:
I miss having a shaded area in the back. You're going to love it!!
Post a Comment