Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Naps according to Garrett

Garrett has decided lately that naps are not for him. I had this same experience with Ian around this age so I am not surprised. While Ian's refusal to sleep in the afternoon was corrected by falling asleep at the dinner table for months, Garrett just screams at bed time. After putting him in bed three times today I grabbed a quick shower. I thought he was going to stay since he had started singing E-I-E-I-OOOOO in operatic form. Nope. After I got out of the shower I still thought he was in bed because the house was so quiet. I looked at his door and it was closed. Only as I was walking into the kitchen did I hear a very soft "choo-choo" from the playroom. I suppose this could qualify as 'quiet time', but I would still prefer a good old fashioned nap.

Here is a picture of peaceful Nora. We had a great visit with Suzy on Monday and she brought this darling layette. Suzy was a college roommate of Elizabeth's and a good friend to me when Chris and I moved to Houston. It was great to see her out here and we hope we see her out here again soon.

No comments: