Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hunt School Fall Carnival Night


We had another fun time at the Hunt School Fall Carnival last night.  We have several good friends whose children attend school there and we are thankful they invited us to come a few years back.  It is a great atmosphere with families all around.  The kids love going from game to game .  Garrett's favorite was the one where you hit a lever with a mallet and try to fling a rubber frog onto a lily pad, Nora's was "the fishing one" where you pretend to cast a rod over a wall and then "catch" a fish, aka prize.  Ian liked the dart toss at balloons.  All the kids wandered and visited with friends along the way.


New this year was a costume contest which we arrived just in time to join.  Chris and I were mingling with parents in the crowd and we kept seeing the three of them be moved closer and closer to the front until finally we realized they were in the top three.  Believe it or not they ended up 1st place!  I loved Caleb and Asher as Sherlock and Watson.  Katie did an awesome job on Caleb's cape and the bowler made Dr. Watson.  I completely loved the Lego guy.  Obviously a lot of hard work went into that costume!  


We went with the full family theme again this year - it seems simpler when everyone is on the same page.  My three blind mice were a hit.  I was the farmer's wife and Chris then inferred farmer. 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Just to let you know...I'm out here enjoying all of the new posts about the Hughes family! Thanks for posting. Almost every day a new "gift" of photos is here on my computer!

BG Cindy