Monday, July 19, 2010

Garrett Wisdom

Garrett figured out why a telephone is called a telephone....
"Because you call someone on the phone and you tell them something"
(I just wish I could insert his 'I figured something out and now I will explain it to you' hand gestures. Think pointing fingers in random directions and then big open palms spread wide.)


Coming up to an intersection where we saw signs for Hwy 16 North and Hwy 16 South pointing in opposite directions, Garrett read the signs and then said, " So Momma, if you want to go to the North pole you go this way, but if you want to go to the South pole you go that way."
We went straight.


Drawing a picture in Sunday School he accidentally/on purpose drew a really beautiful whale shape and told his teacher he was drawing Jonah and the whale. After adding a Jonah to the picture he drew a cone shape coming off the whale's head area. Looking at me he giggled and said, "Now it is Jonah and the narwhal."


We were pumping up Garrett for his upcoming debut in U5 soccer and Ian and I were asking if he was going to catch the ball or use his hands or kick the ball hard. In the course of the conversation he said he was going to kick the ball hard, but then he would go get it and that his team better have a lot of balls because he was going to score a lot of goals.

1 comment:

Sarah Mertz said...

Kent and I laughed out loud at Jonah and the narwhal. Hilarious! Oh the fun Kyle and G could have together...