Saturday, February 9, 2008

What's another week...

So if you hadn't noticed, my hopeful post for a picture of a finished fireplace last Friday was not there. Here we are another week later and we are closer to a finished product but not quite there yet. I could show you a picture, but I think I will just wait until the final unveiling. We have waited this long (we started our whole living room remodel Memorial Day weekend 2006) we can wait a little longer.

Just to let you know, apparently we are the first people in Kerrville to order 24" tile. Our tile guy actually had to go buy a new saw to accomodate it. We are not the first, but one of a handful to order slate tile in black requiring non-sanded grout and special caulking for around the outside. Who knew I was so high maintenance? Anyway, after some whining and drama the tile is laid, and grouting is finished. Just waiting on the caulking from San Antonio - oh yeah - no one in Kerrville carries black grout caulking - and another coat of the sealer and we are good to go. Maybe by next Friday we will have a beautiful picture to post. We will probably end up having to open our windows and put on the AC to have our inaugural fire.

Stay tuned, but please don't hold your breath.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: